Frequently asked questions
1. RA citizens under 30 years of age, regardless of his/her nationality, race, gender, social, material or other condition, who has completed compulsory military service, knows Armenian and able to perform the duties of national security officer with his/her working, personal and moral qualities, education, health condition and physical training.
2. The service in National Security Bodies is military and the service specifications are stipulated by the RA law on Service in National Security Bodies and by other laws and legal acts.
3. In exceptional cases (higher professional qualification, better abilities and skills than required for the position) citizens over 30 years of age can be recruited for particular positions in National Security Bodies by the permission of the NSS Director.
4. The following citizens who haven't completed compulsory military service and meet the other requirement for recruitment to the National Security Bodies can also be accepted for service:
- Female citizens;
- Citizens who graduated higher educational institutions, got a military training in the course of study and passed all the corresponding exams;
- Citizens who have a scientific degree (candidate of science, doctor of science) and are registered in reserve forces if they are engaged in professional, scientific or pedagogical activities.
- Citizens who were exempted from compulsory military service or were granted a deferment of call-up for compulsory military service and registered in reserve forces. The circle of these citizens is determined according to Article 24 of the RA law on Military Service and Status of Serviceman.
5. In National Security Bodies candidates only with high education can take up the positions of officers and candidates with at least secondary education can take up the positions of warrant officers.
6. The candidate should be fluent in written and spoken Armenian.
Good knowledge of a foreign language is preferable.
7. The candidate should have the following personal, moral, working qualities:
-commitment to military oath;
-ability of unbiased self-assessment;
-quick response in difficult situations;
-ability to work and communicate with people;
8. The physical training requirements of the candidates for service in National Security Bodies
9. The conformity check of the health condition for the service in National Security Bodies and medical examination are carried out by the military-medical committee of the NSS of RA. The medical examination includes the check of drug-addiction, alcoholism, sexual viruses and existence of other diseases, as well as psychological testing.
10. The candidates pass polygraph (lie-detector) examination according to established order.
Restrictions applied to the officers of National Security Bodies of the Republic of Armenia.
1. Officer of the National security Body doesn't have the right to
- Combine the service with other paid work, except scientific, pedagogical or creative activities, if it doesn't make difficulties for performing his/her official duties (except the cases when it is necessary due to official need);
- Be MP, take up selective or other positions in state or local self-governance bodies;
- Be engaged in entrepreneurial activities as well as support legal entities or citizens engaged in such activities.
- To be the representative of third persons in relations with a body where is on service or which is of immediate substitute to him/her or controlled by him/her,
- To accept an honorarium for the publications and statements as a result of official duties,
- Use the logistic, financial and informational resources of the National Security Bodies, other state properties and official information not for the official purposes,
- To accept gifts, receive money or service from others for official duties, except the cases established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia,
- To be a member of a party, public (except scientific, cultural, sport and organizations united on the basis of similar interests) including religious, trade organizations,
- To use official position for the benefit of parties, religious and public units and for the propaganda of their activities,
- Organize strikes and take part in them.
2. A serviceman of National Security Bodies, after recruiting to the National Security Bodies, as established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia, within a month must give his/her share to fiduciary management in case he/she has a share in registered capital organization. The serviceman of National Security Bodies is allowed to get profit from the property given to fiduciary management.
3. The serviceman of the National Security Bodies may study in educational institutions promoting the deepening of professional knowledge close to his/her profession or related to his/her work only in the form of distance learning with the permission of the Director of the National Security Service of the RA.
The Organization of Professional Training of the Candidates for the Service in the National Security Bodies
1. In order to ensure the recruitment of the National Security Service of the Russian Federation, education of the residents of the RA is organized in military-educational institutions of the Russian Federation -Academy of Federal Security Service, Kaliningrad and Kurgan Border Guard Institutes as well as in Academy of Federal Security Guard Service (city of Oryol).
2. After graduating from the Academy of Federal Security Service of the RF and Kurgan Border Guard Institute, the graduates get lawyer qualifications and graduating from Kaliningrad Border Guard Institute and Academy of Federal Security Guard Service (city of Oryol), the graduates get engineer qualification after which they are awarded the military rank of lieutenant and start their service as officers in the different units of the NSS of RA and Boarder Guard Troops.
The duration of the education is 5 years. During that period the listeners and cadets are provided with a dormitory located on the territory of the universities, free food and scholarship.
In the event of expulsion or interruption of training in the corresponding military-educational institution of the Russian Federation without a valid reason or dismissal after serving in the National Security Service of the Republic of Armenia for less than 5 years, a serviceman who completed his studies at a military-educational institution of the Russian Federation, in accordance with Article 45 of the RA Law of 2003 on Service in National Security Bodies, other laws and legal acts, undertakes to compensate the costs associated with his training in the military-educational institution.
3. Only below mentioned citizens of the RA who are fluent in Armenian and Russian and due to their health condition, physical training and personal qualities correspond to the requirements of the serviceman of the NSS of RA may take part in the admission:
- Students of high school graduating classes;
- Citizens up to 23 years old who have secondary education with compulsory military service;
- Citizens with high school degree who are under 18.
4. Conformity check of the health condition and medical examination of the candidates are carried out by the military-medical committee of the NSS of RA and it also includes drug-addiction, alcoholism, sexual viruses and the existence of their diseases as well as psychological testing.
The candidates also pass polygraph (lie detector) examination according to the established order.
5. The admission is conducted on a competitive basis – on the bases of the following exams in the RA NSS of proper difficulty level:
- Physical training testing according to the following indicators:
- Interview in Russian;
- russian test (written dictation);
- Armenian langauge (written dictation);
- Mathematics- for the applicants of Kaliningrad Border Guard Institute of the Russian Federation Federal Security Service and Academy of Federal Security Guard Service (city of Oryol);
- Physics- for the applicants of Academy of Federal Security Guard Service of the Russian Federation (city of Oryol);
- Foreign language (oral)- Academy of Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation and Kurgan Institute of the Border Service.
6.The applications for participation in entrance exams to the mentioned military-educational institutions of the Russian Federation for the next academic year are accepted from the 15th of January till the 15th of March each year. For detailed information you may apply to the RA NSS reception room at the address: Nalbandyan104, Yerevan or by phone number 010 58 90 89, 010 57 91 77. With the questions related to the service in the Border Guard Troops: 015 57 97 74.
The written application, complaint and suggestion of a citizen or legal entity must be signed and indicate the last name, first name and patronymic of the applicant and his/her working address, residence address or the address of educational institution. Without the aforementioned information the suggestion, application, complaint is considered unsigned, is not discussed and is destroyed in the prescribed manner.
The electronically sent application, complaint and suggestion of a citizen or legal entity must have an electronic signature on it and indicate the last name, first name and patronymic of the applicant and his/her working address, residence address or the address of educational institution. Without the aforementioned information the suggestion, application, complaint is considered unsigned, is not discussed and is destroyed in the prescribed manner.
A one-time license is needed for the inclusion of encoding means in the customs procedure for internal consumption or export
A conclusion (permit document) is required to ensure personal needs without their dissemination and the right to provide services to third parties, and for the inclusion into the following customs procedures: the processing in the customs territory and out of the customs territory, their processing for domestic use, short-term import and short-term export, transit, free customs area and free warehouse
Pursuant to the paragraph 11 of the Annex N1 of the Order №8-N issued by the RA NSS Director, legal entities registered in the Republic of Armenia and natural persons registered as individual entrepreneurs in the Republic of Armenia submit a letter in the name of the NSS Director with the following documents:
● an application for a license completed in the Russian language (The RA NSS Director Order №1-N of March 11, 2015);
● electronic copy of the application (with any media);
● the applicant's written notice of the absence of radio-electronic means and (or) high-frequency equipment of civilian significance provided for in Section 2.16 of the Single List, and in case of their existence the copy of the document provided for by the legislation;
● technical documentation of cryptographic means;
● copies of the foreign trade contract, annexes and / or amendments therein, or copies of other documents confirming intention of the Parties.
According to paragraph 15 of Annex 1 of the Order №8-N issued by the RA NSS Director, legal entities registered in the Republic of Armenia or natural persons registered as individual entrepreneurs in the Republic of Armenia submit a letter in the name of the NSS Director with the following documents:
- draft conclusion (permit document) (Form 3 of Annex 1 of the Order №8-N issued by the RA NSS Director, drawn up in accordance with the methodological guidelines of Annex 5 of the same Order and filled out in the Russian language);
- electronic copy of the draft (on any media);
- technical documentation of encoding means;
- copies of the foreign trade contract, annexes and (or) amendments therein or any other documents confirming the intention of the Parties.
The FEACN CU code is provided by the customs service and has to be included into section 2.19 of the Single List (Annex N2 of the RA NSS Director Order №2-N of 11 March 2015, Annex 2 of the Order №8-N of 30 November 2015)
The responses of the NSS of RA are sent to the address mentioned in the application via “Haypost” CJSC.
After registration of the applicant’s documents in the NSS of RA – during 20 days, and if scientific and technical expertise is required – up to 85 days.
Notification is required for any cases of import to the territory of the EAEU and export from the territory of the EAEU of the same types of goods without presenting a license or conclusion (permit document) within the full term of the notification. It's sufficient to submit the notification number taken from the EAEU official website to the customs body. The notification is drawn up by the manufacturer of goods or its authorized person in any authorized body of the EAEU member state, including the NSS of RA. The term of validity of the notification is determined by the manufacturer and it is generally long-term (5, 10 years).