Admission / Study
The Organization of Professional Training of the Candidates for the Service in the National Security Bodies
1. In order to ensure the recruitment of the National Security Service of the Russian Federation, education of the residents of the RA is organized in military-educational institutions of the Russian Federation -Academy of Federal Security Service, Kaliningrad and Kurgan Border Guard Institutes as well as in Academy of Federal Security Guard Service (city of Oryol).
2. After graduating from the Academy of Federal Security Service of the RF and Kurgan Border Guard Institute, the graduates get lawyer qualifications and graduating from Kaliningrad Border Guard Institute and Academy of Federal Security Guard Service (city of Oryol), the graduates get engineer qualification after which they are awarded the military rank of lieutenant and start their service as officers in the different units of the NSS of RA and Boarder Guard Troops.
The duration of the education is 5 years. During that period the listeners and cadets are provided with a dormitory located on the territory of the universities, free food and scholarship.
In the event of expulsion or interruption of training in the corresponding military-educational institution of the Russian Federation without a valid reason or dismissal after serving in the National Security Service of the Republic of Armenia for less than 5 years, a serviceman who completed his studies at a military-educational institution of the Russian Federation, in accordance with Article 45 of the RA Law of 2003 on Service in National Security Bodies, other laws and legal acts, undertakes to compensate the costs associated with his training in the military-educational institution.
3. Only below mentioned citizens of the RA who are fluent in Armenian and Russian and due to their health condition, physical training and personal qualities correspond to the requirements of the serviceman of the NSS of RA may take part in the admission:
- Students of high school graduating classes;
- Citizens up to 23 years old who have secondary education with compulsory military service;
- Citizens with high school degree who are under 18.
4. Conformity check of the health condition and medical examination of the candidates are carried out by the military-medical committee of the NSS of RA and it also includes drug-addiction, alcoholism, sexual viruses and the existence of their diseases as well as psychological testing.
The candidates also pass polygraph (lie detector) examination according to the established order.
5. The admission is conducted on a competitive basis – on the bases of the following unified entrance exams:
-Mathematics- for the applicants of Kaliningrad Border Guard Institute of the Russian Federation Federal Security Service and Academy of Federal Security Guard Service (city of Oryol);
-Physics- for the applicants of Academy of Federal Security Guard Service of the Russian Federation (city of Oryol);
-Foreign language - Academy of Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation and Kurgan Institute of the Border Service.
As well as on the basis of the exams organized in the RA NSS:
-General knowledge test
- Physical training testing according to the following indicators:
Summarizing of the entrance exams results is conducted at the RA NSS mandates commission meeting, the corresponding decision is taken.
6.The applications for participation in entrance exams to the mentioned military-educational institutions of the Russian Federation for the next academic year are accepted from the 15th of January till the 15th of March each year. For detailed information you may apply to the RA NSS reception room at the address: Nalbandyan104, Yerevan or by phone number 010 58 90 89, 015 57 91 77. With the questions related to the service in the Border Guard Troops: 015 57 97 74.